UNESCO-COL Chair in OER, Otago Polytechnic
Towards free learning opportunities for all students worldwide.
The implementation of the OERu is a designated project of the UNESCO-COL OER Chair network.
The objectives of the UNESCO-COL Chair in OER at Otago Polytechnic and the OER Foundation are to:
- achieve the critical mass of OERu anchor partners for a sustainable and scalable international OERu network
- coordinate transparent and collaborative planning for the implementation of the OERu, prioritising the following initiatives of the logic model:
- Open curriculum
- Open design and development
- Open pedagogy
- Open ICT infrastructure
- Open student support
- Open assessment and
- Open credential services;
- facilitate capacity development opportunities for successful implementation of the OERu model, and mainstream adoption of open educational approaches in post-secondary education;
- augment and support the activities of the UNESCO OER Chair network, the Virtual University for Small States of the Commonwealth and other open education networks, including through collaborative research and joint projects; and,
- cooperate closely with UNESCO on relevant programmes and activities.